Meeting of the Parish Council at 8:45PM on Monday 25th June 2018 in Abbots Morton Village Hall
Present: Nick Humphries (Chair), Will Hill, Clive Holt
In attendance: David Hunter-Miller (Clerk), members of the public
1. Apologies for absence
Apologies were received from Karen Brighton and Richard Whitlow.
2. Election of a Vice-Chairman
It was agreed to defer the election of a Vice-Chairman until the next meeting.
3. Declarations of interest
5. To consider and adopt the minutes from the Parish Council meeting on the 24th May 2018.
The minutes were agreed as a true record and were signed by the Chair.
6. Progress reports
It was noted that the Footpaths Officer was undertaking research to see what measures could be introduced to make dog walking easier on the public right of way network.
7. Open Session
The meeting was adjourned for the open session.
1. Public participation
No questions were received.
The meeting resumed following the open session.
1. 18/00725/FUL – Land To North of Rough Hill Low Road Church Lench. Proposed excavation of pond and carrying out of earth modelling together with new woodland and other planting.
It was agreed that the additional comments would be submitted: the additional planting was welcomed but it was still felt that the proposed landscaping and excavation of a pond on the side of a hill would appear unnatural and incongruous with the landscape.
2. To consider the South Worcestershire Development Plan call for housing sites consultation.
9. Parish matters for discussion/decision
A revised Data Security Incident Procedure was considered and adopted.
1. Abbots Morton Village Hall(room hire) – £10.00
2. Iain Selkirk (internal audit) – £80.00
3. Graham Hobbs (planters) – £68.44
The above payments were agreed and cheques duly signed.
4. To consider £100.00 grant request from the (Lenches) WW1 Commemoration Project
It was agreed to support the grant application provided that the project was also supported by South Lenches and Rous Lench Parish Councils. Additional copies of the proposed booklet would be requested to enable circulation to new residents.
5. To self-certify exemption from external audit
The Parish Council certified itself exempt from external audit and the certificate of exemption was duly signed.
6. To consider and approve the Annual Internal Audit Report
The internal auditor’s report was considered and it was noted that there were no recommendations requiring action.
7. To consider and approve the Annual Governance Statement
The Annual Governance Statements were considered individually. All statements were agreed in the affirmative and the Statement was signed by the Chairman and Clerk.
8. To consider and approve the Accounting Statements
The Statement of Accounts was considered and agreed by the Council and was signed by the Chairman and Clerk.
11. Councillors’ reports and items for the next agenda
An abandoned caravan had been reported at The Low, this would be reported to Wychavon District Council.
12. Date of the next meeting
The next scheduled Parish Council meeting is at 8PM on Thursday 26th July 2018.
The meeting closed at 21:35PM.