Meeting of Abbots Morton Parish Council on Thursday 25th January 2018 at 8PM in Abbots Morton Village Hall.
Present: Nick Humphries (Chairman), Clive Holt, Richard Whitlow
In Attendance: David Hunter-Miller (Clerk), members of the public
1. Apologies for absence
Apologies were received from Will Hill, David Wilkinson (District Councillor), Audrey Steel (District Councillor) and Anthony Hopkins (County Councillor).
2. Declarations of interest
4. To consider and adopt the minutes from the Parish Council meeting on the 23rd November 2017.
The Minutes were agreed as a true record and were signed by the Chairman.
5. Progress reports:
It was confirmed that Smartwater kits had now been fully distributed through the parish.
1. Bridleway AM-513
Work to clear this footway had now been fully completed by the Probation Service.
2. Footpath AM-509 and nuisance dogs
It was confirmed that the Police had sent a letter to all nearby properties as action could only be taken if reported directly by those affected.
It was noted that the decision to reduce the precept requirement to £4470 had resulted in a Band D levy of £48.76 for 2018-19, a reduction of 24.4% compared with the current year.
6. Open Session:
The meeting was adjourned for the public open session.
1. To receive reports from County Councillor, District Councillors and Police
No reports were available.
2. Public participation
No comments were received.
The meeting recommenced following the public open session.
1. Planning Application W/09/00785/PN–To consider a potential breach of planning condition 2 and failure to adhere to the approved plans. To agree any further follow-up with Wychavon District Council.
Concerns had been raised locally regarding the non-demolition of outbuildings as required by the planning permission given for this location. It was agreed to raise these issues with Wychavon District Council.
8. Wychavon Community Grants
The availability of funding was noted and the information was circulated with the Village Hall Committee.
9. Village Hall
An update was given on the activities of the Village Hall Committee.
- There were a number of regular bookings including from Pilates and JUMP Dance Academy classes.
- Preparations were underway for the 20th Anniversary Celebrations for the village hall, to be held on Sunday 11th February 2018. A donation towards the celebrations was requested (agenda item 10.5).
- Re-wiring of the village hall had been undertaken.
- Wi-Fi, new curtain poles and heaters would hopefully be installed during 2018.
1. Clerk’s salary and expenses – £377.73
2. HMRC (PAYE)- £81.80
3. Allen Farnsworth (Lengthsman) – £192.00
4. Allen Farnsworth (Lengthsman) – £192.00
The above payments were agreed and cheques duly signed.
5. To consider a contribution to the Village Hall 20th Anniversary Celebrations
The Parish Council agreed to fund the celebrations and invoices would be sent directly to the Parish Clerk to arrange payment.
6. To sign paperwork to close the Parish Council’s deposit account
The paperwork was duly signed.
7. To review budget expenditure for 2017/18
The Parish Council’s current budget expenditure was considered and approved
11. Councillors’ reports and items for the next agenda
- It was noted that additional members were needed on the Parish Council as it was difficult to remain quorate. Further enquiries would be made in the village.
- A large pothole was reported in the village.
- The Parish Paths Warden had now undertaken training and he would be invited to the next Parish Council meeting.
12. Date of the next meeting
The next scheduled meeting of the Parish Council would be at 8:00PM on Thursday 22nd March 2018.
The meeting closed at 20:55PM.